Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oh drama... you make me sad...

Hey guys, wow, two posts... impressive. I was thinking a lot today (not healthy, I know...) but I was thinking about what I really want to do in the future, which is act. A lot of people would assume, from the way that I behave, that I'm a terrible actor with no self confidence, and while I won't claim that I am an amazing actor, I do really enjoy it. I want to be good enough at singing/dancing/acting to be able to get into some professional shows in the next five years. It would make me ridiculously happy. I know this is pretty sad coming from someone who can't even get into a highschool production, but it is the one thing I've wanted to do with my life since I was six (before then I wanted to be a cookie jar/paleantologist). I can teach myself how to do all of that stuff. Really, I can, I've taught myself through pretty much the entire human biology unit for 2a and 2b in about a term, and only by reading. And while I know acting requires more than just book-smart, I'm working on the whole teaching myself thing. I can sing reasonably within key, and I have a relatively good grasp of music (also self taught piano/guitar + one year of singing lessons) . AHHHH.... It is really exploding my mind right now. Dancing doesn't worry me too much, I'm flexible and did four years of ballroom, and I'm a fast learner. But the question I'm posing to myself is, am I good enough to be able to do this stuff?

So my question to the rest of the world is... should I continue to follow a career path that will not earn me a living, end in dissapointment 75% of the time but make me happy. Or should I do a science degree and live the rest of my life wishing that I had gotten off my arse and done some acting...

No comments:

Post a Comment